Friday, May 15, 2009
Some of my teachers have heard kids say words that they have no idea what it means. So, naturally, they ask their class. That class happened to have me in it! It got me thinking, Everyone else should know too! Now I know that this might not be the proper and correct definition, but this is what it means to teens. . .
- Legit: Wow, Cool, awesome or amazing.
- Sick: Does NOT mean throwing up. Cool, awesome or amazing.
- Sweet: Does NOT mean tastes good. Cool, awesome or amazing.
- Ditto: Same to you! or, Right back at you!
- Ghetto: Means, poor quality, trashy, or not up to expectations.Usually refers to an object, place or event.
- Retarded: Dumb, Stupid. Usually refers to a thing not a person.
- Dude: A person.Boy or girl. Usually is a filler word that you use to get someones attention. ex. " Hey dude look at this!"
- You just got OWNED!!: Made a fool of. Embarrassed.
- YOUR MOM! : A stupid comeback that teens sometimes use. Not sure what it means. . .
- Wanna Bet?: Does not usually mean that they literally want a bet. More like" oh yeah?"